Founder and Principal Consultant
Gary Hay is a solicitor with over 25 years’ experience in private practice.
Gary has particular expertise in handling investigations involving difficult doctors under the framework known as Maintaining High Professional Standards in the Modern NHS (MHPS).
As well as his legal background, he can also draw upon his experience as a NED at Portsmouth Hospitals to provide practical, strategic solutions to complex problems.
He is therefore able to understand the needs and priorities of senior leaders.
He was an equity partner in a successful London law firm for over 18 years and also sat on the boards of two firms for over 14 years.
He also brings many years’ experience as an employment lawyer, providing advice, support, advocacy and training on the full range of employment law issues. This includes regularly advising on internal disciplinary processes and investigations.
Gary continues as a board member of an NHS Trust and a school and is Chair of a charity.
Key features of L2B
- Support at a strategic level
- Positive advice and recommendations
- An ability to carry the confidence of employees at every level, including senior executives and non-executives, based on empathy and emotional intelligence
- Interrogation of the facts and an ability to draw out information, based on over 25 years’ experience as a lawyer
- Solutions and support backed up by a deep knowledge of the legal frameworks
- Presentation and advocacy at internal hearings, backed by many years as an employment tribunal advocate
- Responsiveness – all of our clients are important to us, there is no hierarchy
- Value for money – we are not constrained by large overheads or salaries